New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 pm

SOUTHERN MAINE SPRING 2013 
Contributor

Post SOUTHERN MAINE SPRING 2013
Have you been out riding any of the trails in Southern Maine? Am I going to piss off any of the locals for rutting their trails if I go there? Bradbury, Mount Ag., Cape Elizabeth Land Trust, River Trail, Camden Snowbowl, Orono (has anyone ridden the new NEMBA trails at Perch Pond?), and anywherez else.

I appreciate any insight you are willing to share. My bike looks really good right now... too good. Thanks!

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 am
Contributor

Post Re: SOUTHERN MAINE SPRING 2013
I guess the more excited you guys get for that CLUTCH concert this weekend, the more silent treatment I'm gonna get. Oh well...

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 pm
Contributor

Well, either that, or if you were asking about trails that were within a 100 miles of some of us.
If you need any updates from central Mass, I got ya covered.

:mrgreen:

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:10 am
Site Admin

I'm heading out to great brook tonight after work. We shall see how the trails are. My first ride of the season!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 pm
Contributor

First ride? You really are a slacker!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 pm
Contributor

I am headed to bangor this thursday for a few days and bringing my bike with me, I plan on riding on my time off, give me a shout if anyone wants a riding buddy. I have no clue where im going, but i guess thats half the fun of it

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:50 pm
Contributor

RH, most of the best trails are around Orono. I guess a lot of the system can be fairly confusing, Rose Bike in Orono does a lot of group rides, you should try and catch up with them. There are also these resources: http://umaine.edu/campusrecreation/file ... ap2011.pdf and http://pr.nemba.org/?page_id=65

Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 am
Site Admin

4130wraith wrote:
First ride? You really are a slacker!

I try to live up to the name. :lol:
As a half a** excuse I was out west the past 3 weeks. Still not a good excuse but that's all I got so far.

The ride was awesome. Trails were in pretty good shape. A few new trees down but other than that it was like riding with good old friend.

Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 am
Contributor

Thanks monster, my trip turned into one big day trip since I procrastinated and didnt book a hotel and forgot my tent so couldn't camp out. I plan to get back up that way in a week or two with my bike.

Im moving to the Bangor area in august/september if anyone wants to set up some weekly rides (I ride mostly dh and road at the moment), shoot me a pm and I will give you my facebook details.

Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 pm
Contributor

Since that 2 weeks of ridiculously hot spring weather dried everything out to the point of dustiness (even in northern Maine), not much sense in reporting trail conditions. I will, however, post two trail sightings.

The first was at Mount Agamenticus. Actually, not in the park, but across the street at the bottom of the hill. It was a cop on a 4-Wheeler named Gary. He was basically a nice enough guy, but he was also being a little bit of a d***. Whatever you do when you ride, keep it legal at that place because Gary seemed thirsty to hand out summonses. Also, despite what some people have said on MTBR, swimming is against the rules.

The second was a moose. Just out in the woods, a moose. I see them all of the time, but never on my bike before.

I'm ready for some rain to make things a little tacky.

Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 pm