New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Lynnfield Conservation Commission Report 3/11 *6/21 update* 
Contributor

Post Re: Lynnfield Conservation Commission Report 3/31/11
Good. I hope they hold the owner's feet to the fire.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:16 am
Contributor

nice find Tommy. I wonder if the lot will open back up to riders.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:01 am
Contributor

Doro wrote:

They closed it? I wrote to the Conservation Commission last fall and brought up the subject of them closing the lot during football games and received the following response,

"I shared with him the concerns expressed in your email regarding the lack of parking for trail users to utilize Bow Ridge Reservation. I reminded him that it is the intent of the Lynnfield Conservation Commission to allow parking for the public using our conservation land first and foremost before accommodating parking spaces for customers of Bostonville Grille. I firmly and clearly instructed Mr Greer that, at no time should parking ever be restricted for those wishing to access Bow Ridge. He assured me that this would not occur again and that people wishing to use Bow Ridge will be directed to parking by his staff during high volume periods."

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:43 pm
Contributor

BallFox wrote:
Doro wrote:

They closed it? I wrote to the Conservation Commission last fall and brought up the subject of them closing the lot during football games and received the following response,

"I shared with him the concerns expressed in your email regarding the lack of parking for trail users to utilize Bow Ridge Reservation. I reminded him that it is the intent of the Lynnfield Conservation Commission to allow parking for the public using our conservation land first and foremost before accommodating parking spaces for customers of Bostonville Grille. I firmly and clearly instructed Mr Greer that, at no time should parking ever be restricted for those wishing to access Bow Ridge. He assured me that this would not occur again and that people wishing to use Bow Ridge will be directed to parking by his staff during high volume periods."

interesting, I was under the impression we could not use the lot. Never wanted to run the risk of being towed since he put up those signs. I wonder if this goes for the fat cactus too?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm
Contributor

Doro wrote:
BallFox wrote:
Doro wrote:

interesting, I was under the impression we could not use the lot. Never wanted to run the risk of being towed since he put up those signs. I wonder if this goes for the fat cactus too?

My understanding, and I believe Tommy can verify this, is that the lot behind the Bostonville is a shared lease between the Jeep dealership, B'ville, and the Conservation Commission. From the response I received it would imply that at no time should the lot be off limits to hiker, bikers, or whoever wishes to use the Bow Ridge trail system.

I don't think the same applies to the Fat Cactus however, I wouldn't risk it.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:04 pm
Contributor

I've spoken to Betty at the conservation commission a few times. One time after a head to head run in with a couple nitwits fronting for the owners of Bostonville. They put letters on a couple of our windshields threatening to have us towed since we had ignored their no parking signs. SIgns they placed on a public right of way. Idiots. We moved the signs and rode anyway, knowing that the parking area is for public use. There is an agreement between the Lynnfield ConCom and Bostonville and Jeep. The land is Lynnfield property though and even during the Superbowl, bikers, hikers and any other trail users have the right to park at the bottom of the hill, before any Bostonville patrons or wrongly parked Jeeps. My understanding is that there is room for about 10 or 12 cars there. There is no distinct line between the ConCom land and Bostonville so as long as you're not blocking access to the back of Bostonville you will be fine. For any of you that weren't aware, The Fat Cactus and Bostonville are owned by the same people, and while they are fully within their rights to restrict parking at the Cactus, they have no right to limit, or obstruct for that matter, parking at the bottom of the hill to access Bow Ridge. So park there all you want, especially during big games.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:52 pm
Profile YIM
Contributor

The Chrylser dealer is certainly using their share of the lot. This morning they had over 20 cars in the lot.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:01 pm
Contributor

Post Re: Lynnfield Conservation Commission Report 3/11 *6/21 upda
Interesting, thanks for posting.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:00 am
Contributor

Post Re: Lynnfield Conservation Commission Report 3/11 *6/21 upda
looks like the initial post was deleted

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 am