New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 3:49 pm

New illegal or legal stunts. 
Contributor

Post Re: New illegal or legal stunts.
I found the land on the Peabody website. It said the land is owned by CITY OF PEABODY. So ether the site is wrong or my friend is stupid. I guess the next step is to ask them to find there taxes. I am going to be PO if they dont own the land.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Contributor

First thing you need to do is not announce online that you're building trails or stunts. If they're illegal then you don't want anyone to know. If they're not then you don't need anyone to know. Then maybe you should finish school.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:02 pm
Profile YIM
Contributor

I am going to build some nice trails on a random plot of land and not tell anyone were they are. I have been building trails for over 10 years on public land, private land, State parks, state colleges, and on Airport land. I have never had any problems. There are plenty of BMX dirt jumps in the area that have been there for over 10 years. So why cant we build a playground that is unregulated. Matt hoffman and Dave Mirra Both built jumps on private land without permission over 15 years ago and they are still there today.
I am going to continue to build illegal trails. I am also going to continue trying to find out ways to build legal trails.
I really thought my friend owned land that i could build on and invite people to ride. But now it is just going to be a small trail network just for me. Sorry if i got ahead of myself. If no one wants to be my partner in crime that is fine. Were is every ones since of adventure.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 pm
Contributor

Keep this thread alive!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:04 pm
Contributor

I really started this thread to see what kind of people are on this board. Also to see if anyone had a idea for a super secret trail location that Everyone can ride. I understand the concern with illegal stunts in lynn woods and stuff like that. As long as you are smart about it there is no reason why we cant build a really nice playground on top of a ridge somewhere. Just look at google maps. There are woods everywhere. I have already started to look for locations and I am going to build a trail. If anyone wants to help me that would be cool. If not that is fine.

MIKEBIKE wrote:
First thing you need to do is not announce online that you're building trails or stunts. If they're illegal then you don't want anyone to know. If they're not then you don't need anyone to know. Then maybe you should finish school.

Just because I have bad grammar does not mean i am a kid. What you said makes no since. Well placed legal and illegal trails can be enjoyed by everyone. As long as people are not stupid about it. Just like dirt jumps.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:56 pm
Contributor

I didn't say you had bad grammar or were a kid. I said you should finish school. Regardless of age, you may want to consider it. Posting your intentions to build illegal trails online is about as juvenile as you can get. No one will sympathize with you when your trails are closed or create problems with others who may, or may not be, building trail in a less conspicuous way, or even building trail legally. We all want to own the world like they do in BC but land here is not ours and if you're gonna build on it you better make sure you are given permission, or at the least, have spent enough time on the land to know what you can get away with.
Best thing you can do is build trail on land that you've been given permission to build on. Or build your trail and let the rest of us find it on our own. If we can. I'm always on the lookout for new crap. So are the rangers and landowners though.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Contributor

Building illegal stuff can potentially screw other locals that are trying to build legal stuff. Guilt by association and all that.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 pm
Contributor

threads likes these make me come back to bustedspoke.

First rule of fight club...tell everyone about it.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:57 pm
Contributor

When ya get this illegal trail built, can ya post up GPS coordinates so I can find it. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about it.

I have a huge since of adventure.

"If you build it and tell everyone about it, they'll tell everyone about it, and it'll be ruined." Quoted by a local trainbuilder

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm
Contributor

Thanks for everyone's input. I am not from around here and i did not know the land was so policed. Were i am from we build trails everywhere and we would post them up for everyone to enjoy. I did get a chance to go back to the lynn woods and got to see some nice trails. Lynn woods is epic.
I still plane on trying to make a few bigger drops but it will have to be part of the land and out of the way. I am going to get out to the lynn woods more and hope to see allot of you guys out there. I would also like to help build in the lynn woods with whoever does that stuff.

Bring back Busted spoke.

I know my topic off the bat was juvenile sounding. But this turned out to be a funny thread. And thanks again for everyone's help.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 pm