New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 3:34 pm

greetings - please read - events for 2014 at Maine's MX207 
newB

Post greetings - please read - events for 2014 at Maine's MX207
hi everyone, new here... little bit about myself:
my name is Billy and my family owns/operates a motocross track in southern Maine called MX207. we've been open for 10yrs now focusing mainly on dirtbikes, four wheelers and now recently with the addition of our 1/10 clay dirt track we've been doing kart racing. We're looking to expand our facility and I want to host 1 or 2 mountain bike events in 2014. for those not familiar with the facility we are on approximately 200 acres of mixed terrain, unfortunately no real elevation though. I want to do a type of race/event that is different than what we've ever done before and hopefully fun and different for you guys... the riders. Ideally I want to make a motocross/mountain bike hybrid type race that incorporates a large portion of our MX track, but breaks off into trails and other man made sections. we have more than enough resources to build whatever we want, however im foreign to mountain bike racing and would be looking for a few locals to offer some creative input. I don't have dates yet, im waiting to figure out what our MX schedule will be as well as any bike racing so there isn't a conflict.

so, basically, im writing this to put a bug in peoples ear that we are going to have mountain bike racing at MX207 in 2014 and to hopefully recruit some people, sponsors, and ideas.

heres a few links for those unfamiliar with the course:
goPro of the MX track -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1aGRH0nqQc

www.mx207.com

on facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/lyman.maine?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

please note the FB page titled MX207 is not us or in any way affiliated with us, its some guy posing as us... :shock:

I can personally be reached at mx207billy@hotmail.com if anyone wants to get involved or offer any opinions/suggestions

thanks!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:23 pm