New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Not the same 
Contributor

Post Re: Not the same
I will agree with bill, I miss the old site, however I left for a good length of time, mostly in the aftermath of a few old guys leaving and just have really started to post after a long time. Its strange without some of the guys that used to be around here years ago, but there is defiantly a lot less traffic and bitching... anyone remember DhRacer?

I hope some of the guys that used to be on here are still riding as I got along with some of them, others not so much, but KC is right, everything in the end is a cycle. That being said, Bill let me know if your coming out here anytime soon.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:42 pm
Contributor

BillWC wrote:
Site isn't the same since the old guys left, the new management sucks (no offense to anyone personally). BS has turned into bitchfest of people that just can't get over themselves. I'll stay, but just wish that this site could go back to something it was a couple years ago.

Weird, I came back because the new management.

I'd say the biotch fest is a blanket statement about soooooo many posters here, old or new. That comes with the preeening of E-Egos on any forum.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Contributor

Maybe someone said this already, but I think BS has turned partly into a bike specific craigslist. It might help if for sale posts are deleated for users who are clearly joining the site to use the For Sale / Trade / Wanted section. You know, Join date December 2008, 3 posts, all for sale stuff and not taking part in the actual bike forum.

I still like the site, I just miss some of the old members. More active users would be great (how to get them, I don't know.)

And, as mentioned before, I think active topics should be on the hompage again, the thread could be 2 years old, but if someone replies, it should appear on the homepage to encourage more discussion. That might keep topics going longer and reducing the number of for sale stuff on the homepage.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:15 pm
Contributor

How about we call it even and call back DHRFX JOE :lol:

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:36 pm
Contributor

...Or GoHuckYourself :)

Fri May 14, 2010 10:20 pm