New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Site Direction 
Contributor

Post Re: Site Direction
sick! gotta beat it back hear for 3:00 soccer but will try to make the early part.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:56 pm
Contributor

I agree with the other posters about dropping some of the sub-forums.

As a place to start I would drop the new member forum, combine the trail board and racing forums, combine for sale & wanted, combine all NBR stuff, not sure what to do with all the separate ride spots (do they provide advert. to get their own sub-forum?) if not combine that into the trail board and racing forums, leave the tech, theatre, bad sellers, and stolen bike forums alone.

group rides would be good, Fort Rock in exeter seems like a good place easy to get to, or the trails around massabesic (sp?) are both right off of 101 and easy to get to.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:05 pm
Contributor

1. New smilies
2. New layout (my favorite forum is bimmerforums.com/forum/ it's very easy to use and to look at, good smilie selection too)
3. Faster posting
4. BS team
5. Group rides. Ex: “BS team invites everyone to ride Nam w/ bbq and prizes afterwards”
6. Picture of the month that gets displayed on the homepage
7. No stupid contests guys… that will make our site look even more pitiful. Best avatar? Really?
8. A little late to sponsor events like GES, but definitely start sponsoring what you can
9. If there’s anyone on the forum with a print screening place, get some tees made (seeing another person with a BS tee would really be like, “oh no way, I’m on all the time, what’s your SN?” The first thing I used to ask when I was out riding and met some new people would be, “oh hey, I’m Adam, nice bike. Are you on BS?” For all the old timers seeing a lot of BS tees would definitely bring some of them back.
10. Bike related ads
11. Another mod or two
12. No more spammers

This is what I think we should do for subforums. The bold subforums are the ones that would stay put and the rest would be moved and consolidated into them.

New Members
Bike Lounge
- Stolen Bikes
Trail Board / Trail ReportsDiablo Freeride Park/ Highland Mountain Bike Park/ Sunday River Mountain Bike Park/ Mount Snow Mud Room/ Killington Mountain Bike Park/ Attitash Mountain Bike Park/ Rye Airfield
Racing, Trail Maintenance, and Local EventsDiablo Freeride Park/ Highland Mountain Bike Park/ Sunday River Mountain Bike Park/ Mount Snow Mud Room/ Killington Mountain Bike Park/ Attitash Mountain Bike Park/ Rye Airfield
The Tech Stop
The BS Theater (Your Pics & Vids)
NBR (Non Bike Related)
- NBR Photography & Videography - Jobs
Site Feedback, Issues, and Things you Want

For Sale / Trade
Commercial - Bad Buyers / Bad Sellers / Scams (sticky)
Wanted - Bad Buyers / Bad Sellers / Scams (sticky)
NBR (non bike related) Stuff For Sale / Stuff Wanted - Jobs

I strongly feel that this is how the forum should be setup. The only thing I would debate is whether or not Events and Trail Board should become one subforum. I could see how new members could get confused by the two.

I spent a good half hour thinking about this. I hope my post is not overlooked.

Thanks,
Adam - A proud BS'r

Thu May 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Adstock - Great stuff. A lot of those we had the same idea on and we are working on. Not only is this not overlooked, it may be the best grouping of ideas yet.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:51 pm
Site Admin

You are right on. We have not overlooked your comments.
We appreciate them!

Thu May 06, 2010 3:04 pm
Contributor

Photo contests would be sweet in my opinion...

Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm
Contributor

adstock wrote:

New Members
Bike Lounge
- Stolen Bikes
Trail Board / Trail ReportsDiablo Freeride Park/ Highland Mountain Bike Park/ Sunday River Mountain Bike Park/ Mount Snow Mud Room/ Killington Mountain Bike Park/ Attitash Mountain Bike Park/ Rye Airfield
Racing, Trail Maintenance, and Local EventsDiablo Freeride Park/ Highland Mountain Bike Park/ Sunday River Mountain Bike Park/ Mount Snow Mud Room/ Killington Mountain Bike Park/ Attitash Mountain Bike Park/ Rye Airfield
The Tech Stop
The BS Theater (Your Pics & Vids)
NBR (Non Bike Related)
- NBR Photography & Videography - Jobs
Site Feedback, Issues, and Things you Want

For Sale / Trade
Commercial - Bad Buyers / Bad Sellers / Scams (sticky)
Wanted - Bad Buyers / Bad Sellers / Scams (sticky)
NBR (non bike related) Stuff For Sale / Stuff Wanted - Jobs

i kind of think trail maintenance could be lumped into trailboard/reports. basically anything trail related.

and what id all the mountain subforums are done away with and just put a general gravity forum. this forum isnt big enough to have that many sub forums. i kind of find it a pain to search through multiple subforums based on the subject of gravity... especially when one race series could contain general race info scattered throughout those forums depending on what mountain its at.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Contributor

The Clump is right on with this one. Moving a few forums around only goes so far. The old crew was super cool, the team did a ton of work (almost had me in a team jersey, imagine that :oops: ). Something like that would go a long way, but as stated it would be a lot of work. No offense, I'm not sure you've got the personnel available to make it happen (though I've been wrong before).

Western-cycle.com

Fri May 07, 2010 3:21 pm
Contributor

If there's a will, there's a way. Stay positive.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:00 pm

adstock wrote:
If there's a will, there's a way. Stay positive.

Thanks, everyone on here is trying there best... positive posts go along way.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:42 pm