New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 ****READ OR RISK DELETION**** 
Contributor

how could a user with 0 posts be a problem?

peace bustedspoke, you used to be cool.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:19 am
Contributor

what if, before deleting a user with 0 posts, you shoot them a pm as a warning and if after a week or so you still get no reply, delete em.

Thats rediculous! what if someone happens to be on vacation that week? Maybe they have 0 posts because they don't have anything good to post so they don't some people should learn from that!

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Contributor

sully wrote:
what if, before deleting a user with 0 posts, you shoot them a pm as a warning and if after a week or so you still get no reply, delete em.

Thats rediculous! what if someone happens to be on vacation that week? Maybe they have 0 posts because they don't have anything good to post so they don't some people should learn from that!

He means 0 total posts, as in they have never posted.

~Matt

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:45 pm
Contributor

the space taken up by 0 posters is so minimal it doesn't even justify the effort....

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Contributor

I think it would be a good idea to limit signatures to text only. It is annoying to see gigantic obnoxious signatures that take up more text than the post does.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:36 am
Contributor

I think it would be a good idea to limit signatures to text only. It is annoying to see gigantic obnoxious signatures that take up more text than the post does.

I'll second that.

toby

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:41 am
Contributor

PolandSpring88 wrote:

I'll second that.

toby

How much are you guys talking here, because if like mine is too big i would be willing to take out. Are you talking more like billydoggs owned thing with the tank... that thing was huge

~Matt

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:27 pm
Team Member

PolandSpring88 wrote:

I'll second that.

toby

I THIRD that. No picture sigs period....! You already get an avatar. That should be enough. If you want to link to pics elsewhere include a URL. I have logged in to this site while travelling many times. Sometimes all you get on the road is a 56k and I have to tell you that the big pictures really kill the experience.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor

in the trees wrote:
PolandSpring88 wrote:

I'll second that.

toby

I THIRD that. No picture sigs period....! You already get an avatar. That should be enough. If you want to link to pics elsewhere include a URL. I have logged in to this site while travelling many times. Sometimes all you get on the road is a 56k and I have to tell you that the big pictures really kill the experience.

i am all for this too...but here is the problem....you can only have the signatures on or off.........and the ability to post html (images links ect) on or off.....so if we make no html you would not be able to post images which i think is important....so the only option is

1. self police all sigs with a "no image" policy?
2. no sigs at all....?

thoughts???

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Contributor

But my Bustedspoke team sig is cool.... :cry:

Dan

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:20 pm
Contributor

If it's a choice between signatures with pictures or none at all, I say none. They're annoying as hell when your trying to scroll through a post.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:24 pm
Team Member

eliminate them only if you can't get people to comply. Give everyone until September 1st. The URL only signatures are a good compromise.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor

what next book burning :grin: secret police dragging you away in the night

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:32 pm
Contributor

what next book burning :grin: secret police dragging you away in the night

that memo was dated next week, stop skipping ahead......ok, great ideas....self police away.....pm help from everyone to get the word out would be helpful!!! putting up a post now......text url only sigs.......it is done.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:45 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Contributor

dang mobile delete button was over the date on that memo i need to shoot my desk maid!!

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:56 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next